Tuesday 19 February 2008

A Great Contrast



Went to the hardcore venue of Dumbuck on Saturday with Sam Clarke and two of his flatmates Dan and Sarah. Suffice to say the place is seriously hardcore and slightly loose - there was more than the one incident of holds flying off. (Although somewhat unusually it wasn't Sam who did the damage.)
The warm-ups basically did us for the day - they must obviously be far harder than 6b+ and 6c+ respectively, Dan did something harder and then they worked a 7c which didn't fall, either due to a lack of psyche or bottle, I'm not sure.
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the day, not that Dumbuck is photogenic anyway.

Sunday was spent at Polney, climbing with Clare, since I scammed a lift from some people she knew. I think it is probably the most chicken day of climbing I have ever done - the hardest route I led was a severe! Weather was awesome however, and a fair amount of faffage ensured we only did 3 routes in a day anyway...
So two very contrasting days at two very contrasting crags.

An extra special mention goes out to Kath (Cath?) who was climbing with Mike, she basically showed us all up without any rock shoes, I'll give it 6 months before she is better than Mike!

No comments: